18 of the Best Dog Halloween Costumes for 2021
Happy Howl-oween! No matter what your Halloween celebration looks like this year, help your pup embrace his spooky spirit with one of these adorable Halloween costumes for dogs of all shapes and sizes.
Just make sure you're celebrating safely, and keep these tips in mind when putting any costume on a dog:
- Skip the scary pieces that make loud noises, please! If your pet isn't used to costumes or clothing, adding noisy or brightly lit elements are just going to make them even more uncomfortable.
- Ensure none of the elements of the costume obstruct your dog's senses. They should be able to safely see, breathe, hear, and smell, and nothing should be forced to stay in their mouth.
- Keep any choking hazards or pieces that can be easily chewed out of reach and off your pet.
- Never leave your dog unsupervised in a costume for any length of time.
- Make sure the costume is not too heavy to wear or limits the dog's movements. You want to be sure he can still walk, sit, stretch, and give a celebratory tail wag without constraints.
- Keep in mind that costumes or outfits of any kind can quickly become unsafe during dog-to-dog interactions, so try to limit visits with other pets while in costume.