14 of the Best Dog Halloween Costumes for 2020
These cute and funny dog Halloween costumes are sure to bring some joy for pet parents everywhere this spooky season. Check out some of the best dog Halloween costume ideas to try in 2020.
Happy Howl-oween! No matter what your Halloween celebration looks like this year, help your pup embrace his spooky spirit with one of these adorable Halloween costumes for dogs of all shapes and sizes.
Just make sure you’re celebrating safely, and keep these tips in mind when putting any costume on a dog:
- Skip the scary pieces that make loud noises, please! If your pet isn’t used to costumes or clothing, adding noisy or brightly lit elements are just going to make them even more uncomfortable.
- Ensure none of the elements of the costume don't obstruct your dog’s senses. They should be able to safely see, breathe, hear, and smell and nothing should be forced to stay in their mouth.
- Keep any choking hazards or pieces that can be easily chewed out of reach and off your pet.
- Never leave your dog unsupervised in a costume for any length of time.
- Make sure the costume is not too heavy to wear or limits the dog’s movements. You want to be sure he can still walk, sit, stretch, and give a celebratory tail wag without constraints.
- Keep in mind that costumes or outfits of any kind can quickly become unsafe during dog-to-dog interactions, so try to limit visits with other pets while in costume.
Dog Halloween Costumes With a 2020 Vibe
This classic dog Halloween costume is even more meaningful in 2020. Thank an essential postal worker with this adorable tribute.
Shop it: $19 chewy.com
The much anticipated movie sequel, “Wonder Woman 1984,” is one of the few newly released movies to get excited about this year! Show off some girl power with this super dog costume.
Shop it: $15 and up chewy.com
Doctor or Nurse
Some of the biggest real-life superheroes in 2020 are the essential doctors and nurses working their hardest to keep us all safe and healthy. Teach your pup that all healthcare workers (yes, that includes the vet!) are our friends with this sweet Halloween costume.
Shop it: $65 and up etsy.com
Us humans working from home may not get out of our sweatpants anymore, but that doesn’t mean our four-legged friends can’t look dapper for the occasion.
Shop it: $15 chewy.com
Suit up your pup for some Halloween fun (although try to keep him away from any nearby fire hydrants—leave those for the professionals).
Shop it: $24 walmart.com
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle
Minimalist Dog Costume
In a year that’s been so extra, this low-effort costume is great for doggos that just need a break for a minute. Plus, the low-maintenance style of this jack-o-lantern bandana means they might actually pose for your photos longer than two seconds without trying to rip it off.
Shop it: $9 chewy.com
Murder hornets are so May 2020, but bees are forever. Dress your bee-utiful pup in one of these cute costumes celebrating our pollinator friends and let the smiles ensue.
Shop it: $14 and up chewy.com
Baby Yoda (aka The Child) from "The Mandalorian" took the internet by storm in the past year, and Disney has now released an official Halloween costume for your dog (complete with a little frog snack) for the first time. But this dog Halloween costume is so popular, it’s on backorder.
Shop it: $22 and up shopDisney.com
For the year that just seems to slowly creep by, at least this costume on your dog can bring you some much-needed belly laughs.
Shop it: $14 and up chewy.com
Your favorite boy + your favorite food = Happiness. (We'd make a joke about your pup being a small fry, but that would just be too easy.)
Shop it: $5 chewy.com
We could all use some more sunshine and rainbows this Halloween. What could be better than a literal rainbow prancing merrily around your house in search of treats? (No tricks, please.)
Shop it: $13 target.com
So cute—and you can basically just leave it on from now until March while you both hibernate all winter and no one would question it.
Shop it: $22 target.com