These Are the 12 Best Cat Carriers for Travel, Leisure, and Everything In Between
Whether you and your cat are exploring new places together, making a trip to the vet, or lounging at home, a cat carrier can make all the difference in your feline friend's experience. You'll want to get one that's best suited for your cat's individual needs so she can stay comfortable, secure, and safe—no matter the destination.
A high-quality carrier prioritizes durability, safety, portability, ventilation, and comfort. With so many types of carriers out there (soft-sided, hard-sided, backpacks), it can be daunting thinking where to even begin and how your cat might like—or worse, dislike—it.
Rest assured, there's a carrier out there for every cat, whether adventurous, shy, big, small—you name it! To help you find what you're looking for, we've rounded up the best cat carriers to accommodate you and your cat's lifestyle, your feline friend's size and personality, and your budget.
The Best Cat Carriers
- Best Overall: Sherpa Original Deluxe Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Bag
- Best Budget: X-ZONE PET Foldable Soft Airline Approved Pet Travel Carrier
- Best Splurge: PetsHome Pet Carrier
- Best Soft-Sided: Henkelion Cat Carriers Dog Carrier Pet Carrier
- Best Hard-Sided: Petmate Two Door Top Load 24-Inch Pet Kennel
- Best Travel: Sleepypod Air in-Cabin Pet Carrier
- Best Cat Carrier Backpack: Texsens Innovative Traveler Bubble Backpack
- Best Durable: petisfam Pet Carrier
- Best Expandable: Siivton 4 Sides Expandable Pet Carrier
- Best with Litter Box: NECOICHI Portable Stress Free Series
- Best for Large Cats: PetLuv Happy Cat Premium Cat Carrier
- Best for Multiple Cats: One for Pets Portable 2-in-1 Double Pet Kennel