The 10 Best Dog Grooming Kits to Keep Your Pooch in Tip-Top Shape
Looking good and smelling better are obvious reasons to groom your dog on a regular schedule, but there are some important health benefits, too.
"Regular grooming keeps your dog's coat and skin healthy, and helps you spot parasites (like ticks), hot spots and other skin infections, or cysts or tumors on the skin that need to be removed by your veterinarian," says Samantha A. Kent, founder and CEO of Kibble Pet Grooming in Dallas. "Long nails can dig into paws and cause pain if dogs walk on them—that's why regular nail trims matter."
Like dogs, grooming tools aren't the same, so finding the right one for your pooch's specific needs is essential. Whether you need to do a little DIY cut in a pinch (hello, quarantine), trim face hairs between full grooms, or you're going all-in on home grooming, these dog grooming kits should make taking care of your dog easier than ever.
Our Favorite Dog Grooming Kits
- Best Overall: Oneisall 2-Speed Quiet Dog Grooming Kit
- Best for Thick Hair: Aibors Professional Dog Grooming Kit for Thick Coats
- Best for Long Hair: Holdog Heavy Duty 3-Speed Clipper Kit
- Best for Fine to Medium Hair: Wahl Deluxe U-Clip Dog Clipper Kit
- Best for Sensitive Areas: Oneisall Small Area Pet Grooming Kit
- Best for Puppies: Conair PRO Puppy Grooming Starter Set
- Best Basic: Ceenwes LCD Display Cordless Pet Grooming Clippers Kit
- Best Scissors: Moontay Professional Dog Grooming Kit
- Best Nail Grinder: Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder
- Best for Bath Time: Waterpik Pet Wand Pro Dog Shower Attachment