Hydration Station! Here Are the 13 Best Water Dispensers for Thirsty Dogs
Dog owners know the dietary needs of their pup is important, whether that's finding the perfect diet or making sure they aren't overeating. But a dog's water intake is just as vital to ensure they live a long, healthy life.
How Much Water Do Dogs Need?
A general rule of thumb is that dogs need about one ounce of water per pound of body weight, with really active dogs needing more than that. And surprisingly, puppies actually need more water than their adult counterparts, according to the American Kennel Club. It helps aid their digestion as they start to eat solid food. Who knew such little bodies required so much hydration?!
So how do you make sure your dog is not only getting enough water throughout the day, but is also consuming clean water? That's where dog water dispensers come in. When water sits stagnant in a normal dog bowl, there's an opportunity for bacteria to grow. Because many water dispensers continuously flow, the aeration prevents the growth of microorganisms, helping your four-legged friend get fresher, safer water throughout the day.
How Can I Help My Dog Drink Enough Water?
During the summer months when dogs spend more time in the hot sun, you'll want to provide opportunities for your dog to drink more water than usual. The flowing fountain feature found in most water dispensers acts as fun encouragement to get your dog to drink. Lastly, dog water dispensers are a great way to guarantee your dog is consuming enough liquids if you work long days at the office and can't make it home to refill their water bowl.
Whether you're looking for a water dispenser that holds a lot of water or one that's great for a multipet household, we've rounded up 13 of the best dog water dispensers that cater to any type of thirsty pup.
Best Dog Water Dispensers
- Best Overall: PetSafe Drinkwell Pet Fountains
- Best Multipet: Drinkwell 360 Stainless Steel Pet Fountain
- Best Outdoor: Bergan Auto-Wata Dog & Cat Bowl
- Best Indoor: DOGNESS Pet Fountain
- Best for Large Dogs: Petmate Whisker Doodle Gravity Dog Waterer
- Best for Small Dogs: Veken 3L Pet Fountain
- Best Travel-Friendly: Petmate Replendish Gravity Waterer with Microban
- Best for Senior Dogs: PetSafe Drinkwell Multi-Tier Cat and Dog Drinking Fountain
- Best for Easy Cleaning: PetSafe Healthy Pet Gravity Food or Water Station
- Best Interactive Dispenser: Outdoor Step On Dog Drinking Water Fountain
- Best Faucet-Shaped Dispenser: Pioneer Pet Swan Pet Drinking Fountain
- Best Bowl-Shaped Dispenser: PetSafe Drinkwell Zen Stainless Steel Dog Water Fountain
- Best Slow Water Dispenser: UPSKY Slow Water Feeder Dog Bowl