These Are the Best Vacuums for Winning the Battle Against Pet Hair
We love our furry friends, but not the fur they leave behind? Not so much. Pet hair and fur gets stuck on our clothes, carpets, couches, and bedding. It gets in crevices, under couches, and behind dressers. To sum it up—it gets everywhere, and it's a challenge to eliminate.
While being a pet lover may mean that you are accustomed to the hair-everywhere scenario and don't mind it on a day-to-day basis, you still need to clean it up, especially for guests. Or, maybe you hate the hair but hate vacuuming even more.
We scoured product reviews to create this list of the best vacuums that can help you suck up pet hair, plus all the dirt and debris that gets dragged in on those precious little paws. From robotic products to handheld devices, you'll find the best vacuum that fits your energy level, your dog's shedding capacity, and your home or room size.
Best Vacuums for Pet Hair
- Best Overall: Dyson Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Ball Animal 2
- Best Robot: iRobot Roomba E-5
- Best Cordless: Dyson V8 Animal Cordless
- Best Handheld: Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum
- Best for Hardwood Floors: Bissell Symphony Pet Steam Mop and Steam Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Bargain: Eureka PowerSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Best for Thick Carpet: Hoover Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner
- Best for Stairs: Shark CH951 UltraCyclone Pet Pro
- Best Lightweight: Shark Cordless Pet Plus Lightweight Stick Vacuum
- Best Upright: EUREKA NEU522 FloorRover Dash Upright Pet Vacuum Cleaner