Dogs with normal shedding and that are happy being alone
Want to know more about dogs with normal shedding and that are happy being alone? See all the dogs that fit this criteria and learn more about what it's like to have these dogs as pets.
- breed group: none
- breed size: large (61-100 lbs.)
- other traits: easy to train, tolerates being alone, highly territorial, cold weather tolerant, strong loyalty tendencies, good hiking companion
- colors: black, blue, gray, white
- patterns: brindle
- coat length/texture: long, short, wiry
- temperament: outgoing, playful, protective
Originally bred for farm work and sheep herding, the Dutch shepherd is an active, intelligent, self-sufficient dog.
- breed group: working
- breed size: medium (26-60 lbs.)
- other traits: easy to train, easy to groom, tolerates being alone, high prey drive, apartment-friendly, good hiking companion, strong loyalty tendencies
- colors: black, brown / chocolate / liver, fawn, red
- patterns: bicolor
- coat length/texture: short
- temperament: willful, friendly, aloof, gentle
German pinschers are highly intelligent, energetic dogs who make great companions for experienced owners. Learn more about living with this working breed.