Dogs that are protective and that chew
Want to know more about dogs that are protective and that chew? See all the dogs that fit this criteria and learn more about what it's like to have these dogs as pets.
- breed group: non-sporting
- breed size: small (0-25 lbs.)
- other traits: easy to train, easy to groom, tendency to chew, apartment-friendly, strong loyalty tendencies, good for first-time pet owners, high potential for weight gain, highly territorial
- colors: white, cream
- patterns: bicolor
- coat length/texture: long
- temperament: gentle, outgoing, friendly, playful, protective
American Eskimo dogs are intelligent, energetic pups with fluffy white coats that are easily trainable and highly loyal to their owners.
- breed group: hybrid
- breed size: medium (26-60 lbs.)
- other traits: requires lots of grooming, tendency to chew, high prey drive, loves water, apartment-friendly, cold weather tolerant, strong loyalty tendencies
- colors: brown / chocolate / liver, red, gray, blue, white
- patterns: bicolor, tricolor, brindle, flecked / ticked / speckled, tuxedo
- coat length/texture: medium
- temperament: outgoing, playful, willful, protective
Not only will Pomskies win you over with their darling dainty faces, but they’re also fiercely loyal companions who will follow your every step. They can be willful, yet cheeky, and love to make their families laugh.
- breed group: sporting
- breed size: large (61-100 lbs.)
- other traits: easy to train, easy to groom, tendency to chew, loves water, apartment-friendly, hot weather tolerant, strong loyalty tendencies, good hiking companion
- colors: red
- patterns: sable
- coat length/texture: short
- temperament: friendly, outgoing, playful
Smart, active, and super loyal, Vizslas are a friendly breed that enjoys burning their energy outdoors, whether hunting or jogging with their owner. Learn more about living with the people-oriented Vizsla.