Dogs that are calm and that chew
Want to know more about dogs that are calm and that chew? See all the dogs that fit this criteria and learn more about what it's like to have these dogs as pets.
- breed group: hound
- breed size: large (61-100 lbs.)
- other traits: tendency to chew, strong loyalty tendencies, good hiking companion
- colors: black, fawn, red, brown / chocolate / liver
- patterns: bicolor, black and tan, liver and tan
- coat length/texture: short
- temperament: gentle, friendly, willful
Bloodhounds are talented trackers who live by their noses, require dedicated care, and love their humans. Learn more about living with a bloodhound.
- breed group: working
- breed size: extra large (101 lbs. or more)
- other traits: easy to train, requires lots of grooming, tendency to chew, prone to health issues, highly territorial, low prey drive, high potential for weight gain, loves water, cold weather tolerant, good for first-time pet owners, strong loyalty tendencies, good hiking companion
- colors: black, gray, brown / chocolate / liver
- coat length/texture: long
- temperament: gentle, friendly, playful
Few dogs fit the description of majestic but gentle giants as well as the loving, sweet, and mild-tempered Newfoundland. Easygoing with children and loyal to their families, they’re devoted pets you’ll want to learn more about.