Dogs that are prone to health issues and that howl
Want to know more about dogs that are prone to health issues and that howl? See all the dogs that fit this criteria and learn more about what it's like to have these dogs as pets.
- breed group: hound
- breed size: large (61-100 lbs.)
- other traits: easy to groom, high prey drive, loves water, good hiking companion, prone to health issues
- colors: black, brown / chocolate / liver
- patterns: black and tan
- coat length/texture: short
- temperament: gentle, friendly, willful
Black and tan coonhounds are gentle family dogs, but don’t mistake their calm demeanor as laziness. These hounds are active hunting dogs and want to put their super-sensitive nose to work.