Dogs with normal shedding and that have a low prey drive
Want to know more about dogs with normal shedding and that have a low prey drive? See all the dogs that fit this criteria and learn more about what it's like to have these dogs as pets.
- breed group: non-sporting
- breed size: medium (26-60 lbs.)
- other traits: easy to groom, prone to health issues, low prey drive, high potential for weight gain, apartment-friendly
- colors: red, fawn, white
- patterns: brindle, flecked / ticked / speckled
- coat length/texture: short
- temperament: gentle, friendly, playful, protective
Found in schools and businesses all across the country, the bulldog is a worldwide symbol for tenacity. They are courageous, but also incredibly gentle, and they have a special fondness for children. Learn more about the timeless bulldog here.
- breed group: working
- breed size: extra large (101 lbs. or more)
- other traits: easy to train, requires lots of grooming, tendency to chew, prone to health issues, highly territorial, low prey drive, high potential for weight gain, loves water, cold weather tolerant, good for first-time pet owners, strong loyalty tendencies, good hiking companion
- colors: black, gray, brown / chocolate / liver
- coat length/texture: long
- temperament: gentle, friendly, playful
Few dogs fit the description of majestic but gentle giants as well as the loving, sweet, and mild-tempered Newfoundland. Easygoing with children and protective of their families, they’re devoted pets you’ll want to learn more about.