Dogs that are saddle and blanket and that love water
Want to know more about dogs that are saddle and blanket and that love water? See all the dogs that fit this criteria and learn more about what it's like to have these dogs as pets.
- breed group: hound
- breed size: medium (26-60 lbs.)
- other traits: easy to train, easy to groom, high prey drive, loves water, strong loyalty tendencies, good hiking companion
- colors: black, gray, red, blue, cream, white, fawn, gold / yellow, brown / chocolate / liver
- patterns: bicolor, tricolor, saddle / blanket, brindle
- coat length/texture: short
- temperament: friendly, playful, aloof, protective
Plott hounds are athletic, loyal hunting dogs who love the outdoors almost as much as they love their humans. Learn more about taking care of a Plott hound dog.
- breed group: toy
- breed size: small (0-25 lbs.)
- other traits: easy to train, prone to health issues, high prey drive, high potential for weight gain, loves water, apartment-friendly, good for first-time pet owners, strong loyalty tendencies, good hiking companion
- colors: red, black, brown / chocolate / liver
- patterns: bicolor, tuxedo, brindle, saddle / blanket, merle, black and tan, harlequin, hairless, spotted, sable, blue and tan, tricolor, flecked / ticked / speckled, liver and tan
- coat length/texture: short, medium, long
- temperament: outgoing, friendly, playful, anxious
Brussels griffons are smart and friendly little dogs with tons of personality, perfect for families or households of just about any size—including those with other dogs or cats. Learn more about living with Brussels griffons.
- breed group: sporting
- breed size: large (61-100 lbs.)
- other traits: easy to train, requires lots of grooming, tendency to chew, high potential for weight gain, loves water, good for first-time pet owners, strong loyalty tendencies
- colors: cream, gold / yellow
- patterns: saddle / blanket
- coat length/texture: long, medium
- temperament: gentle, friendly, willful, outgoing, playful
Golden retrievers are smart, loyal dogs that are ideal family companions. With their gentle nature, shining coats, and charming smiles, they are considered one of the most popular breeds in America. Learn more about living with these people-pleasing pups.