Dogs that are protective and hot weather tolerant
Want to know more about dogs that are protective and hot weather tolerant? See all the dogs that fit this criteria and learn more about what it's like to have these dogs as pets.
- breed group: hybrid
- breed size: medium (26-60 lbs.)
- other traits: easy to train, easy to groom, requires lots of grooming, tolerates being alone, low prey drive, loves water, apartment-friendly, cold weather tolerant, hot weather tolerant, good for first-time pet owners, strong loyalty tendencies, good hiking companion
- colors: brown / chocolate / liver, red, gold / yellow, cream, black, white
- patterns: bicolor
- coat length/texture: long, medium, curly
- temperament: gentle, friendly, willful, outgoing, playful, protective
A friendly, loving family dog who's easy on the allergies makes Labradoodles one of the most popular dog breeds in the United States. These dogs love activity, just not as much as they’ll love you.
- breed group: sporting
- breed size: large (61-100 lbs.)
- other traits: easy to train, easy to groom, tendency to chew, loves water, apartment-friendly, hot weather tolerant, strong loyalty tendencies, good hiking companion
- colors: red
- patterns: sable
- coat length/texture: short
- temperament: friendly, outgoing, playful
Smart, active, and super loyal, Vizslas are a friendly breed that enjoys burning their energy outdoors, whether hunting or jogging with their owner. Learn more about living with the people-oriented Vizsla.