Dogs that are hairless and hot weather tolerant
Want to know more about dogs that are hairless and hot weather tolerant? See all the dogs that fit this criteria and learn more about what it's like to have these dogs as pets.
- breed group: non-sporting
- breed size: medium (26-60 lbs.)
- other traits: hypoallergenic, easy to train, easy to groom, high prey drive, apartment-friendly, hot weather tolerant, strong loyalty tendencies
- colors: gold / yellow, brown / chocolate / liver, red, fawn, black, gray, white
- patterns: bicolor, hairless, brindle, flecked / ticked / speckled, spotted
- coat length/texture: hairless, short
- temperament: gentle, friendly, aloof
Xoloitzcuintli, also known as the Mexican hairless or simply as "xolo," are alert dogs and loyal, sporty companions. At over 3,000 years old, xolos come in three sizes—and some might not be so "hairless" after all.
- breed group: terrier
- breed size: small (0-25 lbs.)
- other traits: hypoallergenic, easy to train, easy to groom, prone to health issues, high potential for weight gain, high prey drive, apartment-friendly, hot weather tolerant, strong loyalty tendencies
- colors: black, blue, white, red, brown / chocolate / liver
- patterns: sable, bicolor, tricolor, blue and tan, black and tan, brindle, flecked / ticked / speckled
- coat length/texture: hairless
- temperament: friendly, outgoing, playful
American hairless terriers are a lively, courageous, and loyal breed that descended from the rat terrier. Learn more about living with this rare hairless breed.