Dogs that are good hiking companions and quiet
Want to know more about dogs that are good hiking companions and quiet? See all the dogs that fit this criteria and learn more about what it's like to have these dogs as pets.
- breed group: hound
- breed size: large (61-100 lbs.)
- other traits: requires lots of grooming, cold weather tolerant, good hiking companion
- colors: black, gray, red, blue, cream, white, fawn, gold / yellow, brown / chocolate / liver
- patterns: bicolor, tuxedo, brindle, saddle / blanket, merle, black and tan, harlequin, hairless, spotted, sable, blue and tan, tricolor, flecked / ticked / speckled, liver and tan
- coat length/texture: medium
- temperament: gentle, friendly, willful, aloof
Borzoi are former aristocratic Russian dogs who love to run and relax quietly at home. Previously known as the "Russian wolfhound," these sighthounds are quick on their feet and regal in appearance. Learn more about living with a borzoi.
- breed group: working
- breed size: extra large (101 lbs. or more)
- other traits: easy to train, easy to groom, prone to health issues, low prey drive, high potential for weight gain, cold weather tolerant, good for first-time pet owners, strong loyalty tendencies, good hiking companion
- colors: red, brown / chocolate / liver
- patterns: bicolor
- coat length/texture: long, medium
- temperament: gentle, friendly, outgoing, playful
Patient and caring Saint Bernards aren’t just known for their massive size—they have huge hearts, too, full of devotion for their human companions. Intelligent, mellow, and playful, learn how they can serve and adore a family like yours.