Calm Sporting Dogs
Want to know more about calm sporting dogs? See all the dogs that fit this criteria and learn more about what it's like to have these dogs as pets.
- breed group: sporting
- breed size: medium (26-60 lbs.)
- other traits: easy to train, requires lots of grooming, high potential for weight gain, apartment-friendly, good hiking companion, strong loyalty tendencies
- colors: gold / yellow, brown / chocolate / liver, blue, white
- patterns: bicolor, tricolor, flecked / ticked / speckled
- coat length/texture: long
- temperament: gentle, friendly, willful
English setters, the “gentlemen of the dog world,” are good-looking, athletic dogs who can impress in either the show ring or hunting in the field. This medium-sized dog requires a decent amount of grooming, but in return gives you a loving, loyal companion.