Dogs that are herding and with low shedding
Want to know more about dogs that are herding and with low shedding? See all the dogs that fit this criteria and learn more about what it's like to have these dogs as pets.
- breed group: herding
- breed size: medium (26-60 lbs.)
- other traits: easy to train, easy to groom, tolerates being alone, tendency to chew, hot weather tolerant, loves water, good hiking companion
- colors: red, brown / chocolate / liver, blue, cream, black, fawn
- patterns: bicolor, tricolor, black and tan
- coat length/texture: short
- temperament: gentle, friendly
Bred as working dogs, Australian kelpies still love being put to work whether their task is herding sheep, catching a ball, or making it to the finish line of an agility course. They require lots of exercise and mental stimulation and make great pets for active families who want energetic, affectionate, and loyal companions.