A regal and determined hound, the bluetick coonhound can be a wonderful hunting companion and gentle best friend wrapped into one shiny body. Needing an outlet for their “houndy” behaviors, these special dogs could amaze your neighbors with their ability to “sing”. Find out if this unique breed is a suitable addition to your lifestyle.
From oatmeal baths to Benadryl, these easy at-home solutions can help your pet feel better without a trip to the vet or while you’re waiting for an appointment.
Not every “doglike” behavior equates to prey drive.
How to Train a Deaf Dog
Even if your canine best buddy has hearing loss, you can still communicate with him and teach him important life skills using positive reinforcement.
If you’ve had these six experiences, you might be ready for just about any breed of dog.
- breed group: hound
- breed size: medium (26-60 lbs.)
- other traits: hot weather tolerant, high prey drive, easy to groom
- colors: fawn, cream, black, red, gray, gold / yellow
- patterns: bicolor, brindle, tricolor
- coat length/texture: short
- temperament: aloof, gentle, outgoing
Slender, extremely fast, and beautiful, the saluki is a rare breed that needs opportunities to be active in the safety of a fenced-in yard. Discover if the saluki may be a good match for you.